Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Week 2 - MTC

    Well its been another week at the MTC and I am still learning so much! I don't think I have ever felt the spirit so strong and so often! The days are not so long anymore, and the language is actually starting to come. Not a lot of news to report this week, but our investigator I was talking about last week committed to baptisim and we finished up lessons with him, and they all went well!! :) We now have a new one who is named Roail (sp?), and he is a 65 year old man who is Baptist, so we have a bit of a challenge ahead of us! The devotinals are still as good as ever!  My compaion and I are still doing great! 
     I did have one amazing experience. One day when preparing a lesson, we were planing on teaching about prayer and the Holy Ghost. Then I made a joke, just trying to be funny, and said "We should just give him a Book of Mormon" and we laughed for a second. Then we both kinda stopped. It was quiet for a second, and we looked at each other and we both were thinking the same thing. We need to teach restoration to this man. So we literally scratched out all of our notes and quickly were able to prepare this powerful lesson. As soon as we were done, we both were in awe, because the spirit had truly worked through us! I have never had the spirit speak so strongly, it was still way subtle, but we knew it was him without a doubt!! 
    
I would now like to bear my testimony in Portugese! Eu se que Jesus Cristo es o filho de Deus, Eu se que O livro de Mormon es verdadiro, Eu se que Josph Smith foi um profeta, e o evangelho es por nos, en nome jesus cristo amain! :)
Elder Naylor

Todd's Room

Man Challenge Monday

Todd's Companion

Elder Barnett and Elder Godfrey

Elder Roberts and Elder Gunther (DL)

Elder Hillman and Elder Lynn

Portuguese

My desk a lot of the time

Sister Larsen and Sister Swasy
Sister Derrek and Sister Call

Our class

Cool photo

The 4th

Cape Verde Elders

Awesome sight
Our classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment