Monday, November 4, 2013

I Am Blessed

I can't stop taking pictures here
So if you can’t tell by my pictures, I love it here!!!!! It’s so dang pretty!! And it’s everywhere! You can just turn in a circle and it’s beauty everywhere! Right now I am serving in the biggest area in the whole mission! If you go on Google maps, we have the whole northern half of San Antao!! Two elders for all of that!! Just the city of Praia has like 25+ comps!

God's beautiful earth
And we hike... a lot! Any fat I have on me will be gone in the next few days!! But I love it!! :)

My new companion is amazing! He is super patient and really is helping me get a hold on the language!! I am so happy to be with him! He is just a funny guy!!

Branch activity
Not a ton happened this week because from Monday to Friday we were stuck in the house. My comp had an in-grown toe surgery the day before I got here, and they didn’t stitch it up, so he couldn’t walk.

Our baptisms for next week
We had a branch activity on Friday, which was awesome! I got to know all of our members and meet our two baptisms for next week! :) Their names are Francisco and Edilano! They are super cool! I would hang out with these guys!

It’s hard to talk to people right now because the Creole is different here. Have I mentioned that every island has different Creole? So every time you switch islands, you have to learn a new language pretty much.

I want to share a quick story, though. Saturday we had district meeting, which is in Porto Novo (an hour car ride away), and it ended at 4 with lunch and things. We got back to our area about 6:30. Elder Talbot and Elder Camargo were car sick, so we relaxed a little, but we really wanted to go teach, so we went out. We just walked. We had absolutely no purpose to where we were going.
We are sweet!

We ended up going up this really small ally and up like 30 steps to a dead end with one open door. We went and contacted them, and they invited us in! We talked for an hour. This husband and wife (actually married!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That never ever, ever happens!!!!!) had really great thoughts and family is huge for them! So  they have a lot of good stuff we can work with and I think they will go far!! That experience felt like Nephi (Book of Mormon), when he goes into Jerusalem and he was led by the Spirit to find Laban! He didn’t know what to do, but he showed his faith and the Lord guided him!!

It was kind of sad to miss Halloween, but even here across the world little kids dress up and run around having fun!! :)

Love you all a ton, I am great and loving my mission again!

Love,

Elder Naylor
 
Love being here




No comments:

Post a Comment