Tuesday, June 10, 2014

3 Baptism Dates!

Hey everybody! This week was really, really slow. I don't have much to say, other than in my DL meeting in Praia, we learned a ton of stuff, and a lot of it was about setting goals and following up on them. We put all these things into practice and it made our week better, and we now have a really good vision of what we want to get done in our area!

Mom, I will get to see my current mission president before he leaves. He is doing interviews this week here on Fogo. That will be nice!! He is a great man and has influenced my life. I won't be surprised if he is called to be a Seventy(priesthood leadership) some day, not even a little. I already know the new mission president. He was serving here with his wife as couple missionary companionship when I got in, and he will be just as good!! No doubt in my mind! 


We did set 3 baptism dates! Two of them are in one family and they are golden!! Usually the doubt of being baptized the right away after having been baptized in a different religion is a huge problem here. But this time when he asked about it, I just said, "The scripture that says, 'one Lord, one faith, one baptism'," means one TRUE baptism (proper authority, proper manner, proper age). He responded w/ "Oh...ok!"  When we taught about the Book of Mormon, he said, "I have heard of this book, and read it a few times, but I don't have my own." We put one in his hands. It took him a few seconds to realize that it was for him to keep, but when he did, a huge smile came across his face!! 

Sunday was a major hard day... We had all these people planning to come to church. We were going to pick them up and walk to church in the morning, and we had members ready to help too, but nothing worked... No one came. The ones we visited later had excuses like "I was lazy," or "I didn't want to (when doing completely nothing!)." I was very disappointed. We did have a great meeting with our "soon to be" bishop and we made a bunch of plans for the next two weeks so that a ton of great things are going to happen!!! 

That's all for this week. The work is slow and a little frustrating, but we are starting to see some things fall into place! Oh, and freak thing! I saw a friend from high school here this week!!! When I was coming back from my meeting, she was in the airport! Super cool! Love you all!

Elder Naylor 

Friend from High School

Ice Cream

How we do Birthdays

No comments:

Post a Comment