Monday, August 11, 2014

Parties not only make your investigators miss appointments, it knocks the power out...

I don't have a ton to say this week. The work has picked up now that I am back and 100%. We also had another baptism in our district!

The one thing I want to write today is about a lesson we had yesterday! We walked to one of our appointments and they were not there. (There is a horse race and a huge party that's going on for the whole week. It's really hard to find people in their houses!)  We passed by to see a woman who we have been working to bring back! She was sitting outside her house when we found her. We asked how things were, and she said more or less (kind of like "just okay"). We asked why, and she said she would explain later. We insisted and she took us to another spot, away from the other people, and began to explain all the problems she is facing. And believe me when I say it's a lot, and the problems are out of her control!! So we talked, and she said two words that are the exact words used in Matthew 11:28-30. So I shared that with her, and we talked about the Atonement and how it can help her, and if she believes in Christ and follows the commandments, everything will be ok! 

We asked her to pray and she wanted me to, so I did, and I asked God to help her, to give her the answers she needs, and give her strength to carry on! Then I closed the prayer, but I kept looking at the ground. Then my companion started talking, but she cut him off and said *direct translation* "Never has a prayer brought water to my eyes". I was a little confused, then looked at her and she was crying! I know that she felt the spirit and I know that she was going to be ok! To be honest, I didn't really feel the spirit that strong, but I know she did!

That's what this work is about. It's not about numbers. It's not about how many people you can get to church. It's about helping our heavenly brothers and sisters come unto Christ. Sometimes maybe it seems small, but I can make all the difference!

Love,

Elder Naylor


No comments:

Post a Comment