Monday, September 8, 2014

Hold my hand!!! ...(that song by Akon has been stuck in my head! :))

To start off, this week was amazing! We had Elder Moriera from the Area Seventy come and talk to us!! Needless to say, it was super spiritual and I learned a ton!!!! I don't have time enough to write about everything, but the one thing I wanted to talk about is that he talked a lot about obedience to the rules of the mission and/or the commandments in general! He said that we need to follow all the rules to show God that we trust him and really love him. If we have a problem with any of these it's because we are selfish and think we know better than God! Ohhh, it was great! Can't argue with that! :) So that was great, and I still feel like I am on a spiritual high!!
Rainbow!!
The sad news for the week, though, is that Janin's wife has asked for a divorce... He was set to be baptized this week, but he has fallen off the track hard!! We are working hard to get him back, but it might be a while. Guta is still doing really good. She has gone down from 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day to only 4  times this week! She missed church this week, but she is coming to the family night with us today, so that's great! She has also read the Book of Mormon up to page 92!!! I think the farthest I have had an investigator read was up to  20, maybe 30 pages (they read really slow here, but thats ok! :)). We are going to set a date with her once her daughter gets back from vacation so they can be baptized together!
Good ole selfie
At church we had 90 people!! This week we are shooting for 100 and I think we are going to make it! A lot of good things are going on here in Fogo, and I get to be a part of it! :)
Yay!
I love the spirit and I love being here helping people out! Onward, ever onward!

Love,

Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment