So, first off I want to let you all know that Francisca from (the volcanic/lava flow island of) Fogo got baptized!! I talked about her a lot, but she never made it into the water in the 8+ months that I was there. Thankfully, Elder Pauli got it done!!
| Kitty |
Next great thing!!! Remember Elder Elsmore?!? Yeah, my old MTC comp! He is my companion right now!! I am so happy to work with him! I feel this will really help this area. We already get along really well, and that will help our area!
This last week we were finally able to sit down with a few people (to teach). First is Bia. She likes what we teach and agrees with it, but I think she is scared to leave the Catholic church. So we are really trying to help her read the Book of Mormon so that the Spirit can talk to her. And we are having the same kind of problem with a guy named Emanuel. He reads the Book of Mormon every day, but has not come to church and still feels that the baptism he had is ok with God. Also, we have started teaching this family. The woman seems very interested, but the man is iffy. Still, I could see them becoming very good members!
We also had a baptism this week, which I was blessed to perform! It was awesome, and she will be a great member and addition to our group.
| Baptism |
| Wahoo! |
Teaching the Restoration (of the true gospel of Jesus Christ) more powerfully has been a great help to our investigators! It makes people make a decision. It makes them question and really think about what they believe, and then they are more ready to listen to our message!!
Thats all folks! :)
Love,
Elder Naylor
No comments:
Post a Comment