Monday, October 7, 2013

Conference and Instant Conversion

Hello Family and Friends!


Our Conference Setup
Conference was great! (See picture of our hi-tech set up!) I didn’t get most of it because it’s in Brazilian Portuguese, but I got some stuff and I still enjoyed it! :) 


I am not sure how I didn’t write about this yet, but remember the story about Julia (Bunting/working in the MTC)? Yeah, that’s nothing after this! Do you remember the Cowleys from the Garden stake? I went through all of school with one of their daughters, and guess what!?!? Her older sister is here. In Cabo Verde. On Sal. Working in the same area as me! What are the odds of that! She went to PG as well, and we knew a lot of the same people! Holy cow!


Me and my companion Elder Taulbee
So we marked (set) 4 baptism dates this week, and we have been working with 8 super sweet other people! All of them are progressing, but 2 people need to get married first, so I might have a wedding! :) It is always so amazing to see the effect the truth of the gospel has in the lives of people who are willing to listen, feel the Spirit, have the desire to keep the commandments, and commit to follow the example of our Savior. The peace and joy they receive shines from them.

An area in my Zone

Also, I had a super cool experience. We went to our zone leader’s house because they wanted to teach me something. We got there and he says, “Today you are going to do something that the natural man can’t do." Well, I was already freaking out, and then he said "Go out in the street and mark a baptism date with the first person you see." ??? So, we went out and we walked down the street a ways and said a prayer asking for the Spirit to guide us. Then we walked a little farther, and we saw this guy. We stopped him and talked to him and gave him a 10 min lesson and then asked him to be baptized. He said yes!!!! No questions asked! What!?!?! It usually takes at least an hour lesson or multiple lessons for that to happen!!! So all is good in Cabo Verde! 


Cockroach!
Love,

Elder Naylor 

PS: Todd (apparently) has a new companion, Elder Taulbee.
Sister Cowley and I with our companions (notice PG gang sign)

We made home made lasagna







No comments:

Post a Comment