Monday, January 13, 2014

January something... :)


Hey all! This week went really well! We finally got the work really rolling here in Ribera Grande and the work on our chapel is moving great! We should be in there by the end of January! We have a few investigators that are progressing really well! The promising ones are Celly, William, Joakim,and the family of Joakima (5 members.) It still amazes me how many golden people we find in this area! 

My comp and I know that on the next transfer our area is going to be split, so we will both be getting new companions. :) I don't know yet, of course, who my new comp will be, but there is one elder who I would call my best friend in the mission! :) His name is Elder Drawe, he is from Saint George, and he is such a stud! I love that guy and we would kill it if we served together! :) We just get along really well! :) We will do stuff after the mission-already planned! :) 

My awesome story for the week is that we have started teaching a guy named Ladymir, and the first lesson went well! He said he was a big-time smoker, so we taught the "palavera de sabadoria"! (Word of Wisdom, a revealed counsel of health). He said he smoked like 20 a day or more!!! So we set another appointment. On our way to the second lesson, we met him in the road and he had a cigarette in his hand. So I told him, "Throw it away!" and he hesitated, looked at it, then looked the other way and chucked it!!! You could see the pain in his face, and it looked like he had just lit the thing, but he is such a stud!!! He said he had only smoked three up to that day!!! So I have great hope for this guy! :) 

We also had a boss (good/great) branch activity that really brought our branch together! Something we have really been needing! :)

Is it bad if i take advantage of leaving my house with out my normal look? ;)

in a tree

The Trail

Us on the Trail

branch activity

pool

branch members

pool again


































































My most inspirational moment of the week:  Studying 1 Corinthians, Chapters 1,2,and 3!! 

I love it out here, and wish you all a great week! fica fixe!! (by the way that is my new catch phrase! It means "Stay cool!" :))
Love,
Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment