Monday, August 26, 2013

Two month mark! Exactly, actually. :)

     Well, here we are, 2 months in and 22 more to go! :) I am doing great, and the people of Cape Verde are as well. We have about 30 investigators. It's really hard to find families here, just because marriage is expensive and people live together and then they live with someone else. Geneology would be a nightmare here! So that kind of stinks! (The law of chastity is a big lesson here! :) That's always fun!) But we have 3 people who are set and are going to be great, and we have another 9 who could be soon! 
     The ward is great. All the members are supportive of us and each other. They are always willing to give a name, or even come teach with us! 
     So in the next two weeks we have 3 more baptisms, and all of these people are just awesome! One was a smoker, so we taught the Word of Wisdom. The next day when we stopped by, the ash tray that she kept on her table, that was always full of used and new cigarettes, was flipped over, and she has been clean for the last 5 days! 
     One awesome thing is that people are very accepting, and anyone is willing to talk with you and at least listen, and a lot want to follow! Just this last Sunday, I had to go help in another ward because an elder went home, and this ward/branch has only been established for 3 weeks--the same amount of time that I have been here! They have sacrament meeting in a member's house, and there were only two other people that held the priesthood there that were not missionaries! I had the opportunity to bless the Sacrament in Portuguese, so that was really cool! 
     The language is really starting to come! It's been hard because most people speak Creole, which is nothing like Portuguese. I have a tough time knowing what they are saying. But most, as soon as I start speaking Portuguese, flip and then you can talk with them! I have been talking more in the lessons, and yesterday I held a real conversation with someone! 
     It sounds like all of my teams are doing well. That makes me happy!
     I will send more pics next week and try the new way!

Well, that's all for today! Tchau

Love,
Elder Naylor  

No comments:

Post a Comment