Monday, September 2, 2013

I Really Am in Africa!

     Well, another week has gone by, and I have another baptism! This one was great! I was actually here to teach her all of the lessons, and when it came time for her to decide who would perform the baptism, she chose me!!! :) And to make it even better, it was in the ocean! I will send some pictures home! We had to time it so that we didn't get hammered by a wave in the middle of it! We have a senior couple here and he was doing a baptism before me, and it knocked both him and the convert over right in the middle of the prayer! :)  When I went out, the water was at my knees, and a wave came that went over my head! These were some big waves! Luckily I was not praying at that moment! 
 
Baptism group


Our investigator that I was asked to baptize

Baptism in the ocean.


     In even more great news, my baptism from 2 weeks ago now has the Priesthood, and is teaching the Gospel Principles class next week in church! He has given us 5 solid contacts, and he is always telling friends about church, and reading the Book of Mormon at work. This guy is just awesome! 

 
Our first baptism and a look at his house

     We have two more baptisms next week and they are both ready. The only problem would be if one of them smokes, but she fasted last Sunday for the strength to not smoke! Who has ever heard of an investigator fasting?!? :) All is still going well and I have almost completed my first transfer! 
This is someone's whole kitchen

The Room where we hold sacrament meeting

we had a pancake activity to find new people! they also watched the restoration! dad would be proud i made some beast pancakes!

Attempt at a burger :)

     About daily life... P-days we clean and relax. Here on Sal we don't really play a sport, but I heard in Praia, there are huge soccer games, because they have more elders! Our food is rice and beans and pasta. It's really boring but it keeps us going! Today, however, we went to one place that sells burgers! Clothes are washed in a washer in our house and hung up to dry, and we are very lucky to have these washers!! Even houses that have plasma screen tvs don't have washers! And everything is on foot! We walk about 5 miles, if not more, a day! Our area is way big! I am in Espargos, but we do go to Santa Maria. You should try and find my house! There is this base thing on the hill and it has this ball building, but the road that comes down from there goes right past the back window of our house!
16°39'11.19" N  22°53'50.40" W

     Got to go. Will send some pics! Wishing everyone the best!

Love,
Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment