Monday, September 23, 2013

A Week in Praia

Well, I had a surgery done on my toe, to fix an ingrown toenail I have had. It was kind of scary, the fact that it was done in Africa, but it all went well and the place was very clean! :) But I am great, and I have been chilling with the AP's all week, so that has been kinda cool to see what they do! I should return to Sal.
I spent 9 hours with this guy while I was sick, we only talked a little but he was cool

Since I have been in recovery all week, I have done a lot of sleeping and reading! I have read like 8 Ensigns cover to cover! :) And I did have some good experiences! A week or two ago, I was thinking to myself while we were going between appointments, "Do the modern prophets keep scriptures like the old prophets?" and I know there are the Teachings of the Prophets books, but I still thought there was something else. Then, while I was reading the Ensign this week, it hit me!! The Ensign is it! They have teachings about modern things and all of the prophets teachings. They even have all the conference talks in one Ensign! It was so cool to realize this! I have found so much comfort and guidance in what I have read! I have always been worried about a future job, schooling, money, and what I should do, and about my future family, wife, and children. But I found so many answers through these magazines! I really am not worried about the future anymore! I just need to stay faithful, and worthy, read the Ensign, and all of my problems and concerns will be fine!! :)
The other thing I learned this week is how the Holy Ghost whispers to us! I had always kind of thought I knew before, but never for sure. I went out teaching yesterday, and I am in a flipflop because my toe doesn't fit in a shoe right now. We were in one lesson and there was a little kid playing with a book. I had been fine the whole time, but then I had the thought to cover my toe with my other foot, so I did. No more than 30 seconds later, the kid threw the book and hit the top of my shoe! Had I not moved it, it would have hit my sore toe directly!! I am so grateful for the prompting and that I was smart enough to listen to it! The Holy Ghost is so soft! It's almost like your own thought! Love you all lots!
Love,
Elder Naylor 


Shortest I have ever had my hair
We like bread! 40 Pieces
The world famous Cachupa
Rachel, does this look familiar ?!?
Praia

No comments:

Post a Comment