Monday, March 24, 2014

9 Months! (I would have given missionaries nightmares!)

This week went very well, other than a baptism for this week fell through.. not very happy about that. We were told something that wasn't true, then he didn't show up, and now he's running from us.... oh well. 

On a happy note, we did have the baptism of Nayza this week! She is a sister to some members and somehow got missed when her family was taught before, so we picked her up! :) Yeah me! She is super cool! And I had the privilege of baptizing her! I think I like baptizing in a chapel a lot more than the ocean! 
Nayza's baptism
Elder Mckissick and I have done a lot of good work here, and we now have a few investigators that are starting to make some progress, but we are still very much in the "finding stages" of this area! Our ward is helping us out a ton, and our bishop might be the best bishop in Cabo Verde! 

We had a lesson with one woman in her house this week and the only light was a candle and my flashlight. All of us were sitting in a circle in this little tiny room. We started talking about the restoration of the gospel and the lesson went really well! We invited her to be baptized and she accepted the date, and was really excited! Now I know when I write this I don't make it sound all that amazing, but this is what I get to see everyday! People here are in such humble circumstances, who don't have work, have one daughter, and another child on the way. Two white guys come in and tell them about God and Christ and prophets, which some have never even heard of before, and they just accept it and go with it! As an investigator, I would have given missionaries nightmares! I know I would have, but these people have amazing faith! I am grateful to serve here and I love everyday where these types of things happen and that they have become normal to me! Just wanted to let y'all know about that! 

There was a lot of walking this week and knocking on doors (I almost felt like a states missionary! ;)) but I hope to have more stories next week! Dad, we have found a ton of people that have family in Holland. Did you notice that when you were there? Stay frosty everybody and fica fixe!

Love, 
Elder Naylor 

Family, 
I love you guys! Glad to hear all is well! Remember that Special Olympics soccer tournament at Herriman high school that Makay and Allyce played in? Yeah, my comp was there helping out and that was his high school! Small world! :) (About the 9 month mark) I am settled in now, the language is not near the problem that is used to be! And I swear I will blink my eyes and be home because that's what it feels like! I had completely forgotten about my birthday in a week until my comp said it's in this transfer! So, yeah all is well here! Love you all and wish you the best!

Love,
Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment