Yeah, it happened. I got taken off my pretty little island of Santa Antao. :( Oh well. Life goes on! I am now on the island of Sao Vicente and I might be a district leader!! (Still not sure, kinda still in the air, my comp is for sure! :)) So I am happy to be here and see what new adventures I can find! I finally get to play sports on this island. That will be really fun!!!
This last week was really crazy. We didn't teach very much because of Carnaval and a meeting we had in Sao Vicente that weekend. But it was still really good! We had been teaching this lady, Zenida, and she is amazing! She has so much faith and wants to do everything. The only problem is that she needs to marry her boyfriend first before she can be baptized. When the church opens there, she said it should be easier!
By the way, the church is almost done! That will help this area so much! Too bad I don't get to be there for the grand opening! Also, as bad as beer and alcohol are, they have given me 4 new investigators!! There are people that, while they are drunk, call to us on the road and sit down with us and say "Hey I don't want to drink anymore. Can you help me?" These people are so bad off that when we start to share our message, they can't help but love it!! So I hope the future elders keep working with them!
In regards to Carnaval, it was actually pretty mellow! It was more like the whole world was doing Halloween with huge parades as well! Nothing too bad happened on Santa Antao!
We also taught this other man, who is so golden. He talks about how important his family is to him and he has had so many chances to go to Portugal, but he hasn't just to stay with them! He makes so many sacrifices for them! And he tries very hard to follow God! The only hurdle we have with him is that he is very educated and knows the Bible really well, which should be a good thing. But! He is smart, he follows what is right, and is always asking questions and really trying to find the right answer!! This week was really slow, but still good!
I found a scripture that I have now based my whole mission around! It is Corinthians 3:3. Go read it and you'll learn why! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment