Last Sunday we talked to the mother of Marlinda after church (yes she came!!) and we taught the restoration. At the end she started to tear up, and you could feel the spirit really strong!! So this week we passed by again and we asked how she was doing, and she said "I am great, and I feel like this is the path that I should follow. I want to get baptized." So we asked how she decided, and she said that that Sunday she knew! That was a great lesson to be a part of-- to see someone realize the truth in their lives!
We also were able to find a new family! It was cool how we found them. We were walking by and a little kid fell into the curtain of the door and pulled it off. When the dad came to fix it, we contacted him ;) Turns out the wife knew a lot already. Later, the dad said, "I don't think it was luck that he sat on the curtain in that moment you were passing by." So that was cool!
Also, we had a little meeting with President and he showed us a video of Elder Holland. He was talking about how Peter was there with Christ and then when all was done he went back to fishing. Then the Lord came to him and asked him do you love me?. Then feed my sheep. For all of us who have the desire to follow Christ we have to ask ourselves, "Do I love him enough to leave (insert something in your life) forever? Peter was not perfect, but what he became was a powerful tool in the hands of the Lord. This really hit me, and it was nice to hear heading into the last month of my mission. When I am thinking of coming home or going back to my "nets" I need to ask do I love him!
Love you all lots and hope everything goes great!
No comments:
Post a Comment