I don't really have anything to report, other than I am happy and the recovery has been great! I will be back in the area this next week!
One special thing that happened this week is that I grew a lot closer to the Lord as a missionary. It's kind of weird, seeing as I was not working this week, but let me explain. As I had time to sit and study and think, I was able to see things from a different angle. Instead of being caught up in the heat of the work, and the stress of being a leader, I was able to see things clearer.
While I have been stressed, I always thought, "I am doing everything I can," but in reality, I wasn't. I found some personal things that needed to be changed. I found some things that I can do to be more like Christ is. And not only that, what the Lord wants from all of his children. He wants our love. For those of you who have seen the movie God's army, "The Lord gives us 100 reasons to believe, and then gives us one or two reasons not to believe, so that we have the right to chose." If we are looking for solid answers, if we are looking for signs or an easy path, we will find one. But that is not always what God wants. We need to be faithful and always follow his council.
I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father and that he wants all of us to come back to live with him, but that does not mean it will be easy. We need to fight for it every day. Like the Lord says in the parable of the Pearl of Great Price, we need to sell everything so that we may obtain the pearl of great price!! That means letting go
of addictions or bad habits, and letting go of any cultural, social, or family traditions that are not in keeping with the Lord. Sometimes we need to let go of our pride accept that we might be wrong and follow the Lord.
My faith has been tried a lot these last few weeks, but I am happy to say I hung in there. Many times I honestly wanted to give up, but I hung on, and know I have been lifted up!! :) Sometimes I think it's
cheesy when missionaries do this, but I want to invite everyone that reads this to follow Christ a little more in your lives, humble yourself before God that he can show you the right path, and stay strong in your faith when the troubles come. Lift those up around you that are in need of help, and never think "some other time, or some one else will" because "For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God" not next week. TODAY! I love this gospel and everything I have learned on my mission. I know that my Savior lives, and I know he is guiding us in the last days!
fica fixe everyone! :)
Love,
Elder Naylor
of addictions or bad habits, and letting go of any cultural, social, or family traditions that are not in keeping with the Lord. Sometimes we need to let go of our pride accept that we might be wrong and follow the Lord.
My faith has been tried a lot these last few weeks, but I am happy to say I hung in there. Many times I honestly wanted to give up, but I hung on, and know I have been lifted up!! :) Sometimes I think it's
cheesy when missionaries do this, but I want to invite everyone that reads this to follow Christ a little more in your lives, humble yourself before God that he can show you the right path, and stay strong in your faith when the troubles come. Lift those up around you that are in need of help, and never think "some other time, or some one else will" because "For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God" not next week. TODAY! I love this gospel and everything I have learned on my mission. I know that my Savior lives, and I know he is guiding us in the last days!
fica fixe everyone! :)
Love,
Elder Naylor
No comments:
Post a Comment