Monday, July 7, 2014

Fourth of July!

After many weeks of very slow progress in this area, this week went a little bit better! Let's just say a lot of time was used waiting around for people to show up to meetings, and not having the meeting, and planning other meetings, and waiting for those... lots of meetings.
 
Did things get better at those meetings? I hope so. Our leadership here is making progress but still could use a little help.
 
BUT!! This week, we are going to have a baptism!!! If it all works out ok. Her name is Francisca, and we have been working with her since I got to this area! She finally has accepted to be baptized! I am so happy for her! She will be a great addition to the ward. She is a philosophy teacher here and she really understands how things should be! Plus she studies well! She will be very valuable to our ward! :) 

We also did a lot of walking this week and a lot of getting rejected! I am determined to find what the Lord wants us to do. He would not put me here just to waste time. I will find it!! :) Other than that, nothing super special happened.
 
The fourth was fun! We woke up and my comp (from Australia) was soooo excited for some reason, more excited then I was! :) He said, what do you do on the fourth? And I said "parade, fireworks, BBQ, and family," but I said those things would never happen here! Then we left our house and what happens? A wedding goes by with the bride and groom on top of a car waving and a trail of cars honking. The parade! Later that day we were walking and someone shot off fireworks. And then, that night we walked passed this lady cooking chicken on a grill, BBQ! Super funny, we laughed so hard!
 
The new mission president has come in, and I get to have an interview with him tomorrow!! I'm really looking forward to that! :) Also, Elder Young and I are here together for one more transfer!! :) I really like him! He acts kinda like the polys do! He has this dream in his life to own a pirate ship and to sail around and live on a beach in a little shack ;) I love this guy! Well I wish I could make these emails more exciting, but I am out of ideas! :)
 
Love you all!
Elder Naylor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment