Saturday, July 19, 2014

Onward, Ever Onward!

So, this week involved a lot of meetings, traveling, and a bit of disappointment.
 
First off, Francsica was not baptized this week. She says that she still needs more time. So we will keep working with her and hopefully she will be baptized here in the near future!! She knows the Church is true, she just doesn't want to make the covenant yet.
 
Next! We had interviews with the new mission president!! He is super awesome! His name is Elder Mathews. He will bring something new to the mission! He is a little different than Pres. Olivera, but I feel will still be just as good! So those went well, but my comp got sick. As we were coming back from our meetings, we had to get in this big work truck and ride to a place where we could take a taxi home. (I have become good at hitchhiking on this mission ;)) He was throwing up off the back for a time. Poor comp :)
 
Then, we had a meeting on the other side of the island the next day, so we kind of lost two full days of work... During the rest of the week we re-established contact with all of our investigators and it went well, until Sunday when no one came to church. No one right now has the desire to do the things they know they should. No matter how many times you tell them they need to, no matter how many scriptures you show that say to do this or you won't have salvation, if they don't want to, they don't.
 
We are working hard, and we set up some good transfer goals as a district. I am excited to get those up and running!!
 
That's all from Africa this week fellas! :)
 
Love,

Elder Naylor

PS: Family, hey sorry, I meant to send pics, but I forgot my camera today, so I will get on that next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment